This was the last of 5 sets for the hinge rows and the one arm upright lat lean. My camera died before I finished the mobility, but I got enough to check form. Should I move on to RC/PE2, or work on PE1 a bit more?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by jshaw, February 16, 2014 · 6 Replies · 296 Views
This was the last of 5 sets for the hinge rows and the one arm upright lat lean. My camera died before I finished the mobility, but I got enough to check form. Should I move on to RC/PE2, or work on PE1 a bit more?
Looks solid. Maybe reaching too much with the head on the last reps, and you could (should ?) try with a flatter back on the IM (chek this in the vid).
Solid to me. Form and tempo. Congrats!
i would internally rotate the hands/forearms of 90°, so move the grip from prone to half prone
Thanks for the input, I rewatched the standard videos and my own, I'm going to redo mastery with the internal rotation on the hinge rows and a flatter back on the lat lean.
hey guys
i dont think its a good form, there is a little bit to improve bevore cont. to PE2
just have a closer look to the introduction video again.
1) the guys angle (introd. movie) in upright position between his hip and quads is almost 90°. he moves his torso from 180° back to 90° thats the first think you should try to improve. - try to move your butt farther back. try to place it directly below the rings.
2) try to pull your elbows more back. try to retract your shoulderblades more. your palms should almost pass your ears.
what i realy dont know is if hight of elbow is important.
should it be higher (shoulder high) or lower (nipple high)? anybody knows?
greets
patrick
Thanks for the feedback Patrick. I am going to redo the mastery test again tomorrow, pulling my elbows back and rotating my forearms like the video. Regarding the lack of a 90* angle, I think it at least partially stems from an issue I'm having with my feet sliding. If you watch the introduction video, you'll see the athletes hips are directly under the rings. When I do them, my feet are sliding to a point that my hips are in front of the rings, so when I pull my torso up to rings, my hips are still in front, creating an angle larger than 90*. I think the combination of placing something to prevent my feet from sliding, as well as pulling my elbows back, should bring me closer to that 90* angle.