Warming up for Training

Started by joswald, April 11, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,575 Views

joswald

Hey. My name is James. First time poster. :D

I'm training to do the front lever. I'm not a gymnastic but a climber and I have an interest in general fitness and strength training.

I'm currently holding the tucked FL for 25 seconds on the rings. What's the best way to increase the difficulty from this point? Increase the number of sets? Attempt to increase the time hanging? Reduce the number of rest periods?

Also I feel like I'm not properly warmed up when i'm training for it. How would you recommend warming up? I currently do about 5 sets of the "hollow position" as I feel this has relative specificity. Any suggestions? I don't feel i'm fully recruited or warm when attempting my sets.

Many thanks

James

braindx

adv. tuck or straddle front lever. Move up a progression

Coach Sommer

Warming up is exactly that; increasing the body's core temperature. This will include but is not limited to; jogging, basic jumping, arm swings, leg kicks etc etc. If after this you still do not feel suffienciently prepared to begin your work sets on your tuck FL, you may continue to warmup by performing some tuck FL steps to warmup. For example in your case, the first set could be for 5 seconds, the second for 10 seconds and the third and final warmup set could be for 15 seconds.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

joswald
Coach Sommer said:
Warming up is exactly that; increasing the body's core temperature. This will include but is not limited to; jogging, basic jumping, arm swings, leg kicks etc etc. If after this you still do not feel suffienciently prepared to begin your work sets on your tuck FL, you may continue to warmup by performing some tuck FL steps to warmup. For example in your case, the first set could be for 5 seconds, the second for 10 seconds and the third and final warmup set could be for 15 seconds.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks.

Would you recommend really pushing myself to maintain the FL tuck position for higher than my previous times or overloading by reducing the rest times between sets? Or any other methods of overloading?

Thanks

James

matthew.percussion

Stop doing a tuck front lever. =]

Move on to the next variation for a shorter time.

Advanced Tuck Front Lever now.