This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Open tuck comparing fl and spl

Started by Alessandro Mainente, February 15, 2014 · 1 Replies · 215 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Hi to everyone, i experimented this 2 type of open tuck, while in front lever the knee are outside the elbow on the sPL they seems to be  far from the elbow with more opened hips.

Do we need to maintain the same degree of opening at the hips or is must use a different angle for sPL and FL?

another question, i find a lot harder move directly from tuck to open tuck (ad in the video ), is acceptable build up 30 seconds with less degrees and after move over more open position?

Jon Douglas

I also find that FL opening movement much harder than just pulling up to open tuck or straddle! Very frustrating to feel myself losing position there!

I figure it is a hip issue that I will fix with some consistent work...