I need tips, tips, and more tips. I've been on deck squats for 5 weeks and can't seem to get one done. I'm gonna put up the video along with tuckups and the IM. Anything you all can give me I'd appreciate it.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ethan Atwood, February 15, 2014 · 6 Replies · 227 Views
I need tips, tips, and more tips. I've been on deck squats for 5 weeks and can't seem to get one done. I'm gonna put up the video along with tuckups and the IM. Anything you all can give me I'd appreciate it.
In the Desk squat you are kicking down at the floor which looks to be stopping your momentum. Keep your feet under you and continue to roll on top of them. Keep arms out in front to provide leverage. Also try stacking another mat to give a bit more elevation.
Agreed, i think your ankle mobility might be making it hard for you to get your weight over your feet as you squat at the bottom. might be something worth trying out
They key for me getting these was on compressing my hips hard and reaching as far forward as possible while coming up.
I'll try this stuff and keep on working on this. I feel like once I get going it'll just start rolling.
Thanks for the tips
And I'm doing this twice a week right now, would it be wise to do it more until I get it down?
I think concentrating on getting a 'good one' during your day for these would help. Some tips would be:
Roll forward with more momentum - you can reduce this later once you have the hang of it
Imagine rolling and diving into the floor in front of you
Doing lots and lots of calf stretching beforehand
Other members have started out with this movement with a small weight held out in front. This can increase your momentum slightly and give you a counterbalance to help you get out of the bottom squat position. After a while you will be able to do them without assistance.