This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cossack Squats & iM Form/Mastery Check

Started by Nash, February 14, 2014 · 9 Replies · 269 Views

Nash

Sorry for the multiple posts today.

 

I think I got this one down. What do you guys think?

 

 

 

 

Did a couple of extras to make up for 2 that didn't work out well (hit the edge of the mat)

 

Destiny

I think your pe could use some work, try to "slide" instead of shuffling your feet

 

im not even 100% sure though haha, that's just my impression from watching the demo vid

Gavin S

Yep, I agree with Destiny. Try to rotate on the ball of the foot and keep the twist in motion instead of shuffling around.

 

Cossack Squats look good.

Murray Truelove

Cossacks look good. IM could be smoother (no shuffling) but you've essentially got the move.

Well done!

m6shifter

On the IM you have to spin 1/2 way up. There is no way you can start to spin standing straight up. Watch the video he spins 1/2 way up in the motion. Try spinning that way it might take a little practice.

Keegan
m6shifter said:

On the IM you have to spin 1/2 way up. There is no way you can start to spin standing straight up. Watch the video he spins 1/2 way up in the motion. Try spinning that way it might take a little practice.

Why can't you spin standing straight up? Just get up on the balls of the feet and spin.

But you are right, the demo video shows the athlete spinning on the way up so that is how we should be doing them.

m6shifter

you can spin at the top but its not really 1 motion spinning at the top like the video is.1 seamless movement while spinning 1/2 way up and a more comfortable movement all together done like the video. I still do this once a week to keep sharp at it. Just like I will have to keep push ups once a week when I conquer them eventually.

Christian

Put some socks on to get the slippery feel. In the video he does it on a carpeted area so bare feet work. Like you do it, you'll need to wear socks.

Jennifer

I am wondering if wearing a tutu will help with the twisting part...

Nash

Thank you for all your input guys.

 

The socks tip is freaking awesome! Thanks Christian!

 

I'm moving on to the next movement...

 

Video with rotation instead if shuffling and turning halfway through instead of at the top.