I think I'm where I need to be on both.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jonathan Horowitz, February 14, 2014 · 7 Replies · 255 Views
I think I'm where I need to be on both.
nice!
real good, for the Tripod i see you fidget a bit and i sometimes get this when i make the support triangle too small or have sweaty knees. if you make it just a smidget bigger, you'll experience some more stability
for the iM, you need to lean a bit farther forward, but that will come with time as you get better hip mobility. the trump to that is that if the hip mobility isn't worked out by the time you're doing PE4-5-6, you're REALLY going to feel it in the trapz. (because the lean here in iM1 is minimal compared to being completely horizontal as is in PE4 through 6.
apart from this, you're lookin' good
Thanks! My shoulders are about the only thing that's flexible on me. I'm going to test for mastery on the tripod tomorrow and will focus on being perfectly still. I tend to fidget in all the static positions.
Question about the WP, FKP, WR, and FTP - Since there's no iM for these, do I just rest for 20-30 seconds and then go to the next set?
the consensus is do whatever works best for you. I personally Giant Set them.
for example
WP set 1-5 reps
FKP set 1-5 reps
WR set 1-5 reps
FTP set 1-5 reps
(shake out wrists if needed) move to next set
WP set 2-5 reps
etc etc
but you can do them with rest in between, if you go straight through them.
This Vid and the demonstration vid, it looks like the weight is right above the forehead. Is that correct ? I had been doing my HS/PE1 with the center of my skull on the ground, using that forehead position feels very strange.
In another forum one of the advanced members confirmed that for head stands that it should be between the forehead and crown not on the forehead. Plus to another member wrote that he injured his neck by going on the forehead. Be safe!
Nice shoulder ROM. How far apart are your hands? It's tough to tell from that angle, and maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it looks like it might be a bit wide.
Hands were shoulder width apart.