I've found two videos i recorded some months ago performing front lever attemps. You can see how i mounted the chinup bar low for security reason
.
60p1oc65UVc
Started by David Picó García, April 11, 2009 · 6 Replies · 2,656 Views
I've found two videos i recorded some months ago performing front lever attemps. You can see how i mounted the chinup bar low for security reason
.
60p1oc65UVc
Jealous!
Good effort. Are your hips a bit low? I prefer to not allow myself or gymnasts pull the head out and back when doing FL. It's hard to avoid sometimes and I think it acts as a counterbalance.
Yes my hips are a bit low, specially on the second try. I recomend everybody who is working on that to record himself, because you'll surprise how easy is to bend at hips and think that you are straigth as a table
. And about the head, proper form would be with chin on chest? Anyway the effort was so huge for me that if a put it that way, is because i couldn't do any other way ![]()
I found that going to the position explosively from tuck was a easier version that going down from rings, or extending slowly. So if you have a strong advanced FL (more than 30sec), you can try that way and may be you get surprised of getting the FL for a second or just not dropping inmediatly. It's not a training method but a way to test how far are from a solid front lever.
Those are some solid front levers:
d7IrGNmCt8Q
jfGAtWLXoYQ
cVW8okXzjPw
SFicccDgjUI
it would be good to do front lever rope climbing, but with two ropes for each hand. Maybe good for victorian especialy climbing with straight arms with verry small steps.
Serotonin, I would prefer the head neutral with the spine.
I had to get really tough on my little muscle-man as he would let his hips pike. Now he knows the difference and though he has had to step back on his FL and PL, form will be better.
I notice it is a lot easier to extend from a tuck on BL, though I haven't tried it on FL since I can only hold it for a moment. Typically when pulling from a hang as I cannot do a negative of it.
I might see about doing some video tonight.