This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The difference between Static Body Holds vs Rocks

Started by IcedDante, February 13, 2014 · 8 Replies · 491 Views

IcedDante

What is the benefit of training rocking-type movements? For example, doing a Hollow body hold for a prescribed amount of time, versus doing Hollow body rocks for a prescribed number of reps...

thecolin

I'd curious to know more about the specifics as well.

 

I wonder, is it simply to help you learn to maintain the right body position even when you're in motion?

Keilani Gutierrez

sure, because when you rock and lift one side of your body, it's micro-loaded depending on your swing. when your legs come up, it loads your abs and glutes more(to maintain PPT) and your torso is lighter. when your hands come up, it loads the T-spine/Abs more and not so much down at your legs. 

 

so it's like a see-saw.....of pain and sweat...

Alessandro Mainente

is easier maintain a perfect bodyline while holding a static position or when you are moving around the space?

F series exercises is about dynamic bodyline movements.

Bipocni

Because it's harder.  Isn't that good enough?

Ravn

The rocks are more... entertaining  :D

 

Besides being harder, the rocks are more neuro-muscularly complex.

RF_Guy

Also rocking might help you emphasize imperfections in your hollow hold: bumpy ride means hold is not up to standard.

Alan Tseng

You're teaching your body to be able to maintain a hollow shape while under motion.

What's the use of being able to do hollow body hold, but then the minute you deviate a little you lose the entire hollow shape

ausswe

I find the rocks easier (mentally) I find it harder to focus holding a position for time than I do moving in that position.