This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Carry on with training while being injured?

Started by PhilTaylor, February 13, 2014 · 9 Replies · 206 Views

PhilTaylor

Hi,

 

I just hurt my groin at the sport right above my left leg ( it´s a hernia inguinalis, but not really dramatic) and I have to wait 3 weeks from now till I can see the doctor. On this date the doctor will see if I need a surgery or not, but I don´t want to quit training for this long.

 

It´s not that bad, but my doctor didn´t said something about if I should pause my training completly or if it´s okay to continue in a moderate way.

 

Has someone experience something similar?

 

I hope the question is okay^^ and thanks for every answer =)

Joshua Slocum

I couldn't say. I can say that if you do decide to train, and any movement hurts or aggravates the injury, stop doing that movement immediately. 

Coach Sommer

In the instance of injury never attempt to train thru pain.

 

My recommendation is to do no leg or core work until you have rec'd medical clearance.  This means only upper body exercises and iMs that do not cause discomfort to your injury.

 

Use the next three weeks as an opportunity to get in some extra shoulder mobility work.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

PhilTaylor

Thanks for the quick answers ! :)

 

I will follow your recommendation and focus on HBP, RC and H1 work for the next three weeks.

Is it okay to add some of the harder iM for the shoulder mobility work?

 

Gymnastic Bodies is amazing! Thanks for taking your time to create such a great program and at the same time answering questions on the forum Coach Sommer. And thanks Joshua Slocum for the fast answer too. This support makes this place special! :)

Bipocni
PhilTaylor said:

This support makes this place special! :)

;)

 

You should be fine experimenting with the more advanced mobility elements.  Most of them aren't too taxing....

PhilTaylor

Is it also okay to do some of the more advanced strength exercises?

I have to drop alot of exercises and I want improve my volume just a little bit, but only if they don´t train the same muscles directly?

 

Thanks for the answer! =)

Bipocni
PhilTaylor said:

Is it also okay to do some of the more advanced strength exercises?

:facepalm:

 

If you were ready to do those exercises, wouldn't you have completed mastery for the previous ones?

PhilTaylor

Oh yeah that question was kinda .. ^^

I will play around witht the iM.

 

Thanks !

Cole Dano

Not only that but the more advanced exercises will also place more demands on your core.

PhilTaylor

Thanks for the input =) it was not a smart question^^ I will keep the work I can do and add some shoulder work  :)