This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check: Planche Leans and Elevated PLL

Started by Guest, February 13, 2014 · 2 Replies · 133 Views

Guest

How does this look? I can hold the planche leans 5x30s (same form as the video).

 

Elevated is much more difficult because I put my socks on a slidey surface and must fight against it. Should I be doing this? or take the socks off? I noticed how Allan used a furniture slider in the video, so I'm trying to replicate it. Thanks!

 

Romulo

It doesn't seem you have mastered planche leans with good form yet to be able to go to elevated. You are too piked and no protraction.

trw

Romulo's right, it doesn't look like you can match the video form at all. You're definitely piking and not showing enough protraction/depression. Part of the issue is your entry method. You try and lift straight into it, but this way you've lost all the necessary cues before you've even started. Watch the video again. Start in a full plank, protract and depress as much as you can, hollow you body. Then--and only then--bring yourself into the lean.

 

I'd say restart your floor leans with proper form. Even then it looks like you'll want to achieve a greater lean than you've got before moving on to elevated. Maybe reassess previous progressions to make sure you haven't been piking in those.