This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Developing iM's you've already mastered

Started by meras, February 12, 2014 · 8 Replies · 445 Views

meras

I've a quick question that I feel is relevant to the other courses as well.  Say for example I reach the mastery for HS/PE5 and the corresponding iM which is the over grip shoulder dislocate and move on to other elements (especially later in the course where it puts a bigger focus on working on the PPT). How could I incorporate dislocate training with the goal of increasing weight (Jefferson curls also come to mind)? Should I do it after I am done with foundation and H1 training?

Christian

Do it as a "warm up" to your training.

Keilani Gutierrez

^^^^^^^^

Jon Douglas

Specifically for HS, i warm up with;

Wrists 1*10

Wrist pushups etc 1*10

Then grab a bar for 1*10 flexion, extension, dislocate, dorsal dislocate. Light enough to get an unbroken 10 at everything; think i currently have only 10kg.

Then a ppt drill of some sort, then into HS work. Quick and efficient and seems to be working atm. I do heavy dislocates after ring str work and they feel wonderful.

Obviously nothing official, modify as appropriate :)

meras

Thanks Jon,

 

Although I'm a little afraid my warmups will become too long the further I progress

Jon Douglas

Well, I just meant it to be an example of how I implement it. Most of the course elements are in 'mini-series' to build up an element, like the dislocate/ PPT/ long hollow/ rev long hollow series in H1. Pick an element from each series, try to be as efficient as possible in your choices (so that you can work more than one aspect at once) and rotate to another exercise in the section on another session that week :)

meras

Thank you so much! Your reply and a recent post by Coach has clarified so much about H1. I'll be able to put in more work into my handstand sessions.

IcedDante

What was the recent post by Coach that you are referring to?

meras
IcedDante said:

What was the recent post by Coach that you are referring to?

I've linked to it in my previous post.