This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE8IM

Started by Michael17, February 12, 2014 · 3 Replies · 164 Views

Michael17

I can do the movement with my arms as wide as if you were doing a wide grip pull up. Is the to wide or should I work on my mobility some more till there a little less than shoulder width? (also I have very Broad shoulders as it is so I don't really know how wide I am going compared to my shoulder width.)

Keilani Gutierrez

go through the same process you've gone through in the last dislocate elements and iM's 1-3, 2-4. you begin at your adequate level of mobility, move your grip width to be narrower, once you get to the prescribed width for the exercise, you bump up the weight and start over.

Phillip Gable

If I'm at this point in the program, but my grip has been wide on the dislocates, should I have not moved forward until my grip narrows on the dislocates? Is there anything I can do differently to increase that mobility? 

Everett Carroll

I recommend going back and working towards a narrower grip with the dislocates. Using the previous iM's as warmup and cooldown will help but these simply take time. Post a form check of them if you haven't already.