This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Acronyms in the Training Cycle Charts

Started by treemantyler, February 12, 2014 · 9 Replies · 248 Views

treemantyler

Just purchased H2 and am curious what exactly some of the acronyms mean in the training cycle charts. I obviously know that HS/PE means handstand/ prep element but what about others? For example: WP, FKP, WR, and FTP?

Joshua Slocum

Those are the wrist exercises from H1. 

treemantyler

Oh. So am I supposed to purchase H1 to know what they refer to?

Coach Sommer

Of course.

How are you going to experience success with press handstands unless you are already proficient at basic handstand work? This course is called Handstand Two for a reason. :)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

treemantyler

Well, I guess because I understand that the ultimate goal of it is to accomplish a 2 minute free handstand with good form. Since I can already do it, I figured I'd try saving a buck(economy is rough in Med School). But I suppose I didn't think about the value in it containing the mobility work. 

ausswe

Id assume If your handstand is properly aligned for 2 minutes then you probably won't get much from h1. Although there often seems to be a big difference between what coach considers a good handstand and what the average person considered a good handstand was before purchasing h1.

Joshua Slocum
treemantyler said:

Well, I guess because I understand that the ultimate goal of it is to accomplish a 2 minute free handstand with good form. Since I can already do it, I figured I'd try saving a buck(economy is rough in Med School). But I suppose I didn't think about the value in it containing the mobility work. 

In my opinion, H1 is worth it for the the mobility work alone - for improving your wrists and shoulders in both mobility and strength. However, if you find that it's not helpful for you, you can always return the course.

meras
treemantyler said:

Well, I guess because I understand that the ultimate goal of it is to accomplish a 2 minute free handstand with good form. Since I can already do it, I figured I'd try saving a buck(economy is rough in Med School). But I suppose I didn't think about the value in it containing the mobility work. 

5 sets of perfectly aligned 2 minute handstands :D Honestly, I was able to do a 1 minute handstand in one spot before H1, but now I am not even halfway through the course and already I can feel improvements in my handstand. It's also doing wonders to my wrists.

treemantyler

This is true…Well I can definitely do a 2 minute free standing HS hold with good form as long as my shoulders are warmed up. In fact, lately I've been doing some free standing holds on a straight bar(parallettes turned horizontal) and even short duration ones on the rings. I'm very familiar with a lot of the shoulder mobility and wrist mobility exercises so I suppose I could continue to do these to improve more. I'm just trying to be as frugal as possible since I'm already in so much debt.

Another question, I assume that you shouldn't move on to the following PE until the corresponding iM is mastered right? Looking through the PE's, I'm strong enough to perform up to around PE7 but my iM level is around 1 or 2. haha Be it a dumb question or not but I suppose I should not move up until I master the iM at each level.

Cory Fair
treemantyler said:

This is true…Well I can definitely do a 2 minute free standing HS hold with good form as long as my shoulders are warmed up. In fact, lately I've been doing some free standing holds on a straight bar(parallettes turned horizontal) and even short duration ones on the rings. I'm very familiar with a lot of the shoulder mobility and wrist mobility exercises so I suppose I could continue to do these to improve more. I'm just trying to be as frugal as possible since I'm already in so much debt.

Another question, I assume that you shouldn't move on to the following PE until the corresponding iM is mastered right? Looking through the PE's, I'm strong enough to perform up to around PE7 but my iM level is around 1 or 2. haha Be it a dumb question or not but I suppose I should not move up until I master the iM at each level.

 

 

That is correct, mobility and strength elements are an inseparable pair. :)

 

http://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/h-im/