This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand wall runs

Started by Hardy Evans, February 12, 2014 · 8 Replies · 293 Views

Hardy Evans

Been on this PE for a while but never really thought to ask: does one tap to each shoulder count as one rep? I.e. two total taps per rep? Thanks.

meras

The latter is correct, a tap on each shoulder counts as one rep.

ausswe

The latter? He only gave one example.....anyway if 2 taps = one rep this just became a hell of a lot harder and I'm glad I read this now and not later :D

ausswe

After looking at the notes and the video again it's not really obvious whether 2 taps is one rep and honestly that doesn't sound right to me. I think it suggests that one tap is one rep but an official answer would be great.

Bro'

Pretty sure one tap is one rep. You'll get your huge wallruns eventually though, Coach did say a few times that he put his athletes through 10-min wallruns.  :icon_twisted:

ausswe

Honestly 10 min wall runs sounds awesome. I love wall runs, unlike that dam abh.......

meras
ausswe said:

The latter? He only gave one example.....anyway if 2 taps = one rep this just became a hell of a lot harder and I'm glad I read this now and not later :D

This was before my morning coffee :D I'm not very attentive before that.

 

But to some this may be harder, to others - easier. In the end, the more the better :P When I wrote the message  I thought I had read somewhere on the boards that 2 taps = 1 rep, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere, so really, I am as puzzled as anyone.

gohei_
ausswe said:

Honestly 10 min wall runs sounds awesome. I love wall runs, unlike that dam abh.......

I believe the old WODs used to have a 10min wall run at the end.

Joshua Slocum

Given its spacing between 30s and 60s handstands my guess is that one tap is one rep. A tap takes around 1s - going from 30 taps per hand to a static 60s handstand would not be an increase in difficulty.