This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE3 arms overhead?

Started by Richard Sassoon, February 11, 2014 · 3 Replies · 154 Views

Richard Sassoon

Well, I was sure I could manage the straddle hollow body hold without much problems, but I was fooled once again haha...

Actually I have problems with it if I keep my arms to the side as the video shows, but with my arms overhead I have no problems keeping the position (I already have an arms overhead HBH of about 40s). It has to do with my center of balance, when I shift from overhead to the sides my CoB shifts and I tilt forward. Being arms on the side 0 deg, from 180 I can get my arms to about 90 deg before the shift, which is obvious. My question finally is, what am I really lacking here? I'm performing ppt actively, following the video exactly... I tried also going to a straddle from a stable bent position to no avail...

 

Thanks for any pointers ! :)

ausswe

I'm not really sure what the problem is. If you are performing the hold with full ppt and it looks like the video then shifting forwards a little bit doesn't seem like a problem. A video would clarify things better and help us give you pointers. Maybe your upper body is too high off the ground or maybe your straddle isnt wide enough, it could be that your legs are just really heavy. More info and possibly a video and a description of what the actual problem is would be good.

Richard Sassoon

Thanks man, I filmed myself today and saw some deficiencies, including the bHB rocks, so I will focus on those for the next 4 weeks and then recheck PE3 again. Then I can, or not ressurect this thread hehe

ausswe

Haha okay. Well as long as you have your lower back press into the ground with proper ppt det är ingen problem.