This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE 7 Scapular discomfort

Started by mic_skelly, February 11, 2014 · 2 Replies · 171 Views

mic_skelly

Hi folks,

The guy I train with gets some sort of crazy pressure build up right between his scapulae when trying to do any sort of body lever. He says it feels like a joint which needs to crack rather than a muscular pain.

I do body levers with hands on the bottom rung of my stall bars rather than with hands on a vertical pole as shown in the mastery videos.

Has anyone else experienced this?

ChrisUK

I also do my body levers on the bottom rung of my stall bars rather than a vertical pole. I hope that is ok.

 

Whilst I have not experienced the scapular pressure he has or much pressure on the scapula at all, ask him to back off the body levers for a while and train the scapula's specifically for a while. It may be that he is just not yet used to the movement, but from your description it sounds more severe than that.

 

To give often repeated advice, the foundation courses are pretty awesome for scapular rehab and training.

 

Also, Ido has some great training routines for scapular stabilization, so check those out for him. 

 

Hope that helps,

 

Chris.

mic_skelly

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I have said to him to ask a Physio friend of his for advice. He has had no problems on any of the mobility or strength work up to this point, it just seems to be whatever way his scapulae are moving during the body lever which is causing it. I have never experienced it myself but it is stopping him from doing all body lever progressions unfortunately.

I will post up the outcome for the benefit of any others who may have the same problem.