Hey everyone, long video here but you can probably skip most of it. It's 5 sets of 30s on bent hollow body hold and 4 sets of 6 reps on the scapular shrugs. Thanks for any help!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
FL/PE1 and sPL/PE1 form check
Started by Jonathan Horowitz, February 10, 2014 · 6 Replies · 170 Views
Hey, 'bout to go out so I only glimpsed, but here's what I got:
Hollow looks ok, lots of shaking (welcome to the club) which will dissipate in time...or so they tell me
. You might wanna try to straighten out a bit in the upper back/thorasic area, but the chin tuck could be fooling me. Not sure if there is a big tuck in the demo vid or not and don't have time now.
The scap shrugs watch bending the elbows at the bottom/retracted part. Hard to tell about the hips too, but you want to make sure they are staying fairly static in relation to your core/upper body. There will be a little sag at the bottom, but for the most part it should be a static hollow in that area. Definitely do this w/ shirt off next time as well so everything can be checked out.
Keep crackin'...or whatever it is people do these days.
Thanks for the input. I am pretty sure my hips were static, as I got that cue last time I was coached on it, so it was a focal point. I'll film from an isometric angle next time though. How do I avoid bending my elbows at the bottom? Am I trying to go down too far? Or can you not tell due to the shirt?
I've gone back to earlier weeks of almost everything and am trying to do it with picture perfect form as I know it will pay off in the long run.
Thanks again!
Yeah, it looks like you're trying to go down too far. Your scaps should be the ROM limiter, just go as far as they do.
Aside from my awkward head movements trying to find a neutral position, I think this is already looking better:
Still some arm bending, but I'm going to film some practice this weekend so that I can get immediate feedback and find the bottom so that I don't keep trying to descend past where my shoulderblades are fully pinched together.
Thanks again for any input!
In your FL you are moving around a lot in the position. Pick a head position (tucked chin) and stick with it. Then keep everything tight, and that includes your lower legs and feet.
Yeah, it still looks like your pushing a little too far in the shrugs, which is probably making it a little harder as well
.