This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about training protocol

Started by Richard Sassoon, February 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 206 Views

Richard Sassoon

Hei everyone,

I'm just starting with H1, having mastered H1/PE2 but not yet the iM. Will have to find some weights for that and work on getting up to shoulder level...

 

My question is if it is reasonable to add a few sets at the end of the workout of handstand facing the wall. I was doing that before H1 and since this comes much later in the program, I wanted to keep working on it even though I still don't have the proper shoulder mobility and body alignment, which I'm always thinking about when I'm inverted. I'm hoping that my posture and shoulder strength will improve gradually following the progressions in H1 and when I finally get to H1/PE7 it should be quite ok to get through it.

 

I would be nice to know what other strategies you guys are adopting in the early stages of H1.

Guest

I think it would be fine, but, like you said, only after your primary H1 training. I would also suggest working on the PPT iMs, as the increased body awareness will be good for later PE/SEs.

Michael Taylor

The word from the top on this (to be found in several other posts), is that is ok to play with more advanced elements once the main session for that day us done.

Note 'play' and not 'work'

Personally, I am at PE5 to bring my mobility up to par, even though I already have a minute plus steady HS. I play with these at the end of the session, trying to constantly improve form through utilising better ppt, shoulder mobility etc

Ravn

I work my freestanding HE in conjunction with early H1, and it works fine.

Richard Sassoon

Great! thanks guys, that's what I was actually thinking. The word 'play' is a good one since my wall handstand is not pretty at all now. Lot of improvement needed on mobility and alignment as I said. I will check the other PPT iMs and incorporate them at the end of my sessions as well.