How would I best correct this?

Started by Gehan Gonsalkorale, February 9, 2014 · 7 Replies · 1,890 Views

Gehan Gonsalkorale

As you can see when I put my right leg over my left, my knee is really high. I could just press my knee down I guess to stretch but there must be something better. Also any idea what is causing this??

 

Is this the piraformis that needs stretching?

 

Thanks!

Gehan

post-4670-0-84498800-1391939515_thumb.pn

Gehan Gonsalkorale
Gehan Gonsalkorale said:

As you can see when I put my right leg over my left, my knee is really high. I could just press my knee down I guess to stretch but there must be something better. Also any idea what is causing this??

 

FYI as this was taken in the mirror, in the photo it looks like it's my left leg which has the problem :)

Jukkaboy

I suffered from this a while ago. Stretching piriformis solved the problem mate:)

Gehan Gonsalkorale

Nice! Which stretches did you do exactly?

dasede

Yep, piriformis stretching fixed this for me as well. I use the stretch you can find on Kit Laughlin's Youtube channel.

Gehan Gonsalkorale

Cool. This something you did daily? Took few weeks or months to get good ROM?

dasede

I have been doing it for few weeks now daily. I probably shouldn't have said that it fixed it since there's still some difference between the legs but I hope it will be fixed completely.

dmcmanam

A lot of muscles in and around your hip could be limiting your range of motion.  To improve you will need to be able to determine what muscles are limiting your range of motion and stretch/roll out that area or have a coach tell you based on more information than just a photo.