Hi guys, I've been reading the forums for a while and I think this is my first post ![]()
I would like some opinions on my current planche form, the full one still needs work cause I just started to hold it a bit.
Started by neeesteea, February 9, 2014 · 7 Replies · 1,498 Views
Hi guys, I've been reading the forums for a while and I think this is my first post ![]()
I would like some opinions on my current planche form, the full one still needs work cause I just started to hold it a bit.
nice job! I don't know a lot about planche but your hips are definitely too high on the first one. straddle looks much better but you are curving your back. you just need to tighten up your core and work on hollow body.
heres a video of perfect form
form is basically the same as handstand except for arm placement. back should be as flat as possible.
i see lack of protraction in ALL of the videos imo
Most importantly, your shoulder position is poor. You need more protraction and depression. The best way to fix this would be to practice planche leans and focus on your shoulder positioning.
Additionally, your body line is off in both the straddle and the full planche. Your hips are too high: they should be in line with your shoulders. Your hips are also bent: they need to be straight so that your shoulders, hips and feet form a straight line.
Thanks for the critiques !
@Joshua Slocum : Could you explain me please how the shoulder position should be ? Thank you for the reply !
He did. More protracted and more depressed, both referring to shoulder position.
Hmm, I didn't know that the shoulders should be depressed, thanks for the tip!
handstand and planche does not have the same bodyline, while in handstand you are protracting and elevating in planche you are protracting and depressing. do not confound arched back with straight bodyline, the straight planche is the ultimate strength goal far for the most average of GB students, except for Joshua...maybe he could!