This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Body levers have helped make extreme progress in my Front Lever training

Started by Austin7, February 8, 2014 · 1 Replies · 260 Views

Austin7

Ever since April of 2013 I've been in awe of the front lever. I thought it was the most amazing skill on a bar and decided to start training it consistently. However, the only way I trained for it was by doing static holds of the progression I was on. I started with the tuck hold and made my way to the adv. tuck. Although after training for months towards the straddle front lever, I just could not get my legs out. I did not have adequate core strength so my legs always piked.

 After stopping FL training for awhile, I later worked the negative body levers for a few weeks. Just for fun, I attempted a straddle front lever, and I COULD FINALLY HOLD IT!! Only for 2 second but with clean form. 

  Just saying, the body levers are seriously amazing.

markp

I have had a similar experience.

 

After building up vertical body levers and kip extensions to 5x10 reps, I tried to lower down into a full lay FL and was able to hold it for about 1 second! Although it was still way too heavy to be trained on a regular basis (felt like a 12 on a scale of 10 :)), it was definitely the first time I was able to do this.

 

I currently always do a set of 10 vertical body levers as warm up before my FL training.