I have not had much success researching this on internet so hopefully someone here can give me some explanation / advice.
Approximately 5cm below my left knee cap, 2 cm to the outside of the shinbone edge, I have a 15 year old, vertical scar of around 10cm length (caught a hidden barbwire while sprinting in a field!).
I guess it is the cause of an unbearable tearing pain I feel in that leg in exercises like standing front leg raise (raising the thigh first then the lower leg) or high l-sit when I start in a high tuck.
A few more elements:
- strangely, I feel a lot less pain when reaching the same ROM but with a straight leg all the way.
- it feels like the pain is deep and rubbing the skin makes no difference.
- prior hamstring/quad stretching does not seem to increase the pain-free ROM.
- passive pike flexibility: palm on floor if I can pull; active flexibility in pain-free straight front leg raise: horizontal
It made me stop v-sit training out of frustration...
Thanks for your help