This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE9 form check

Started by EDM, February 7, 2014 · 10 Replies · 322 Views

EDM

Hi all,

I ve started training the body lever negative, noticed that I maybe keep the body too straight ( at least compared to the f2 video), but it seems that this exercise is easier if you keep a hollow body. What do you think?

besides that, any other suggestion?

EDM

If there are no comments means it's good enough? :) ( or the video did not work....)

just a clarification: I do keep a hollow body but maintaining the minimum curving possible since this seems to make the exercise harder, trying to keep the same position I'd like to get in a full front lever.

Eric Baum

Looks good to me =]

Gavin S

I think it looks alright. You want to be keeping the hollow and make sure that your butt and feet reach the floor at the same time.

 

Nice improvisation with the equipment.

LateStarter@46

Strong core there, very inspiring to see such clean exercise execution.

EDM

Thanks! and I have to say it's also very motivating to share the results of the training and get feedback, good or bad is not important ( but good is better!), it always helps to go on and improve .

Tomorrow I'll try mastery on this...finger crossed!

Alessandro Mainente

mmm do it without the clothes, i do not have the expert eye as Coach but probably you are arching a bit the lower back . try to stay hollow and open the hips by squeezing your glutes

EDM

Thanks for the advice! should not be a problem to stay a little bit more hollow. Probably I'm borderline in this video, and undestand no arching is required for the correct form. I remember the first times I tried the body lever I was indeed arching a lot because lacking core strenght, but now it's ok.

Also noticed that in the last sets / reps I hollow more as I get fatigued. Seems that the less you hollow while still staying hollow (I know it sounds strange) the higher the stress on the core, guess because you increase the momentum...but probably I' m focusing too much on these details!

Alessandro Mainente

Remember that straight hollow is possible without arching the lower back. but it requires more hips flexor flexibility and glutes strenght

Jon Douglas
alex87 said:

more hips flexor flexibility

Very this, really drove this home today with hard hip flexor stretching then into HS work, and held a far better line after stretching. Like converting a 'meh' day into a 'holy crap this is awesome' day. Don't underestimate the role of tight hip flexors in sabotaging your pelvic tilt, and address it-- I've taken this thoroughly to heart.

EDM

Guys, very useful tips here, thanks! will surely work to improve this flexibility.

Today tested 5x5x10s trying to stay more hollow, this was the last set:

hope it looks better.

besides that I completed the sets wintout to much effort, the only problem was some tension around the neck, quite annoying...