This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

czech 3 form

Started by Alessandro Mainente, February 7, 2014 · 12 Replies · 499 Views

Alessandro Mainente

as the title of the post..

 

http://youtu.be/8ZGBBXke1Ho

 

i really like the IM of these elements, hanging while rotating is pretty relaxing on my lats

 

the following is my attempt to climb with the biggest distance between the 2 hands. i noticed that as the distance increases, the limiting factor is the lower hand, you reach the point where to completely flex the upper arm you need the take off the lower.

 

http://youtu.be/HgxeZdYLNZU

gohei_

Crikey, that noise. Is that the roof starting to collapse?  :blink:

Ravn

Methinks the rope is mounted on bubble wrap. Nice climbing, though :-)

Alessandro Mainente

hahahah is a typical sound of the canapa rope, before the sounds go away i need to climb climb climb climb and climb again, unfortunately in my garage there is cold in the winter so the fibers cannot adapt, and i use it only 1-2 times a week, on the other days i use my gym ropes...where to climb are far more easier due to the thickness of the rope. btw i prefer my one since i can build up more grip strength.

the rope is fixed with a inox plate, i can hang from it with 800 kg with no problem!

Christian
alex87 said:

the rope is fixed with a inox plate, i can hang from it with 800 kg with no problem!

You tried? Thats some grip strength. Did you attach a Fiat to yourself?

Daniel Burnham

Nice! Almost ready to take one hand completely away :).

Only thing I'll add is that starting from a sit seemed to be beneficial to me. I would start in a straddle. Reach up as high as I could and not release until I was on my butt again. Helped me keep better form and also made sure I went through the entire range of motion.

I've been doing a few one arm rope pullups a week to try and keep strength. Can't wait until I can climb again!

Alessandro Mainente

How is you recovery process?

Jon Douglas

I'll jump in with my so-far Czech...

 

 

:) Hands not quite far apart enough here...

 

 

 

... but feel ROM is slightly compromised at the bottom here.

Coach Sommer

Both the bottom and the top ROM are compromised.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Burnham
alex87 said:

How is you recovery process?

Going well. Cleared to resume Lsits today. Will start bringing in my rings for stability practice next week. Just can't hang off the shoulder yet.

Jon Douglas

Yes, Alex pointed that out too :) Still gotta finish circle fl pulls before I attack these seriously anyway, they'll be cleaned up in due course.

Heh, not strong enough to hang in the same thread as Alex yet ^_^ patience Jon, patience...

Mats Trane
Jon Douglas said:

I'll jump in with my so-far Czech...

 

 

:) Hands not quite far apart enough here...

 

 

 

... but feel ROM is slightly compromised at the bottom here.

Realy like that you are starting in a sitting straddle! Thats the way to do it!

Jon Douglas
Mats Trane said:

Realy like that you are starting in a sitting straddle! Thats the way to do it!

Actually Im not quite sure. I tried it after seeing Daniels comment there, but of course you can't lower to a full hang. I didn't really notice the ROM at the top until it was pointed out, but I did notice the hang at the bottom in the course video.

Just to wrap my head around it, Im understanding that ROM required for any of the Czechs is full hang (feet off ground, top arm completely straight) pull up to top hand at chest level and repeat. No touching ground between reps. Have I got that right?