Significantly more muscle on one side

Started by Duff, February 7, 2014 · 1 Replies · 3,623 Views

Duff

Hello everyone.

 

I have been following Foundation for around 6 months now, and I have experienced gains both strength and physique wise. But I was told lately by a gymnastics coach that I have significantly more muscle on my right side. I also find my left side to be weaker, but I assumed that was normal and not to worry about. I think the reason for this is my structural scoliosis an a slight twist in my ribcage.

 

What I'm asking is, is this going to be a problem for me in the long run? Should I go about fixing this right away or build my strenght first, then address this imbalance with unilateral movements like rope climbs?

 

And if I should fix it now, how should I go about it? The advice I got was to work every movement more to my left side.

 

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

El Chino

I am also in the same boat as you Duff with a structural scoliosis. I have more muscle on the left side of my back and wondering also whether I need to start adding unilateral exercises. Would be interested hearing a more informed opinion if anyone has one.