Hi all,
For the Negative Headstand Pushups, how should we return to starting position after the rep? Should we push up as in PE17, use a leg assist as in PE15, or exit and reenter the handstand?
Thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by rwlaws, February 7, 2014 · 8 Replies · 266 Views
Hi all,
For the Negative Headstand Pushups, how should we return to starting position after the rep? Should we push up as in PE17, use a leg assist as in PE15, or exit and reenter the handstand?
Thanks.
Its a negative so exit and reenter would be the way.
Excited to begin these after deload week. Freestanding HeSPU is where the fun finally begins ![]()
Took me about a month of g2g to get the skill/balance of these >.< harder than the str component imo, but then again I can't exactly say Im paragon of handbalancing...
You'll be ahead of me on hbp soon Ravn... Im on elevated 2 bricks up. How are your HSPU?
I got these partially down before F1, but that was with an arched back, looked terrible. Looking forward to cleaning them up, finally. Quality free HeSPU for reps has been a goal of mine for a long time, hence the excitement.
Jon Douglas said:paragon of handbalancing...
That should be in your signature ![]()
I used to do them elevated on KB handles against a wall, but there was too much arching going on as well.
Going by the material, we aren't supposed to do full ROM HSPU free-standing, are we? That too is a down-the-line goal for me, but I'm not sure where it belongs in the progressions. I assume that it is way harder than both freestanding HeSPU and wall HSPU.
Edit: I won't be ahead anytime soon. F3 is pretty serious business in the HBP department, so it'll take a while to work through it. I'm guessing a year or so.
Ravn said:That should be in your signature
I used to do them elevated on KB handles against a wall, but there was too much arching going on as well.
Going by the material, we aren't supposed to do full ROM HSPU free-standing, are we? That too is a down-the-line goal for me, but I'm not sure where it belongs in the progressions. I assume that it is way harder the both freestanding HeSPU and wall HSPU.
I think that's Coach throwing us a bone by letting us build build some decent pressing str before requiring the HS. We know rings builds up to rev MU, so free HSPU, even on rings, will be developed long before that. Maybe in tandem with some early R material.
I was never game to try em on kbs -- too much rocking going on for my taste!
You arent wrong with your edit comment either... I am ok with PPP+ but I don't think I have a single good rep of pl dips.. Tooo hard! Hopefully my pl woes will be solved by the time i get through HsPU
Yep. I cannot do a single smooth rep of the modified planche PU (which is totally badass), so getting 25 will take a good while in itself.