
Complete four rounds:
10
40' Senders
30 seconds of
notes:
1) Rest 20-30 seconds each between each movement.
2) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.
3) Do not pause during the 30 seconds of Arch/Hollow Snaps.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Coach Sommer, April 9, 2009 · 6 Replies · 1,404 Views

Complete four rounds:
10
40' Senders
30 seconds of
notes:
1) Rest 20-30 seconds each between each movement.
2) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.
3) Do not pause during the 30 seconds of Arch/Hollow Snaps.
Are HS hops an appropriate sub for the hopping HeSPU? Or would it be better to scale down to some sort of HeSPU? I'm thinking of having the adult class try this tomorrow night. With the Senders I can vary the course though I need to try the arch/hollow snaps ( perhaps if I'm worried about their wrists, I'll let them do it on the tumble-trak with a 4"er on top ).
HS Hops are not an appropriate substitution. You may however substitute Wheels if absolutely necessary.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
thankyou. i'll try the hopping HeSPU but for many of the gals in the adult class, I doubt most of them could do it as rx'd, much less HeSPU.
T2njp87xHBM
For the ladies, Wallabys may be a better substitute. If you decide to use this substitution, perform 40 repetitions rather than 10.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Complete four rounds:
10 Hopping HeSPUs 10 wheels
40' Senders 10 jumps onto 30 inch box
30 seconds of Arch/Hollow Snaps 10 arch hollow snaps
50 50lb kettleball swings 1 minute 24 seconds
I didn't see this in time as I checked merely minutes before you posted. I figured wallabies might be a sub for the arch>hollow ups but wasn't sure. 2 of the gals wear tiger paws and are leery of their wrists so I was going to have them do it n
Girls were not able to do wheels and we did go over wallabies but ended up doing pike HeSPU on a portapit. They were not able to do the kick to HS from a tuck HeS either and they asked me to participate. I don't have the hang of lowering in the handstand and pushing up while being still. It was a chore getting one gal ( who still competes L9 NAIGC ) to be willing to do them properly to a HeS with head in front instead of head in. She's also the one who wanted to do the V-up, arch roll thing. They love working that sort of stuff.
After showing the arch to pike ups, they wanted to do hollow, v-ups ( I did 3 ), roll through arch to hollow.1x on each side ( so 9 total v-ups ). I think they did some arch ups in there but I was only able to do 15-10-10 (not timed but I think 1/s ) on the arch to pike/hollow ups.
We did 3 rounds instead of 4 because of me, oops. We ended up doing it as a metcon, because of time. We did 10 skin the cats as strength work prior.
I managed 21 kipping ring dips, yes these are sort of retarded but I wanted to test them while I was somewhat fresh for a post on CF of ratio of strict to kipping ring dips. Then I did 5 pike presses on a wedge mat nearly getting down to the floor. I think it's mostly been a technique/balance thing to get them lower but it is easier to do them on a wedge mat than the wall.
3x5 heavy BS of 5-7-5. Ended with shoulder mobility.