This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1 with lower back pain

Started by Guest, February 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 114 Views

Guest

Hi!

I've battled this lower back pain for quite some time now. My chiropractor says my pelvis is crooked, and he has given me a couple of stretches and exercises which adresses this problem. Though, he told me to avoid lower back exercises (such as arch holds). 

 

The thing is, I almost did "mastery" with my arch hold on SL/PE1, while I barely managed to do one set with the hollow hold on FL/PE1. He told me that I need to strengthen my abdominals and glutes for the pain to go away. And as you notice, I got a stronger arch than a hollow which doesn't help my problem...

 

Now how am I supposed to continue SL progressions with this type of problem? I do not want to put F1 on hold, but I need to fix the pelvis tilt if I want to be able to do SL progressions.

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ravn

Chiropractice is alternative medicine. Personally I'd get a second opinion from a real doctor. What does a crooked pelvis mean anyway?

 

My 2 cents.

Guest
Ravn said:

Chiropractice is alternative medicine. Personally I'd get a second opinion from a real doctor. What does a crooked pelvis mean anyway?

 

My 2 cents.

I mean a twisted pelvis, sorry about that! http://www.iconic.com.sg/office_furniture_files/j.jpg

This causes an imbalance in my back, which of course causes pain.

 

I will try to get a doctor to check me out. The stretches that I was given by the chiropractor does help though, but only temporary

Keegan

Are you sure you almost did mastery? I ask because IME glutes are heavily involved in ABH/ABR and if you really do have weak glutes I would be surprised if you were indeed able to get close to mastery on ABH.

I'm not a Chiro, do take this with a grain of salt, but IME Arch Body Holds have helped my APT via strengthening the Glutes (and subsequently lengthening my hip flexors, one of the primary culprits in APT). You have to do them right though.

The FL and sPL progressions should take care of the abdominal strength side of things.

Guest
Keegan said:

Are you sure you almost did mastery? I ask because IME glutes are heavily involved in ABH/ABR and if you really do have weak glutes I would be surprised if you were indeed able to get close to mastery on ABH.

I'm not a Chiro, do take this with a grain of salt, but IME Arch Body Holds have helped my APT via strengthening the Glutes (and subsequently lengthening my hip flexors, one of the primary culprits in APT). You have to do them right though.

The FL and sPL progressions should take care of the abdominal strength side of things.

I managed 4 sets of arch holds with the additional mobility (the last set was very shaky). Mastery required 5 sets, so I'm almost there

Sounds pretty accurate, maybe I'm just overanalysing things :)