This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/PE5 Form Check

Started by puckshaw, February 7, 2014 · 6 Replies · 203 Views

puckshaw

Was hoping to get some feedback on my form. I just picked up a furniture slider for my feet and it makes quite a difference in the difficulty for me. I had to go back to week 1 and start over. Anyways let me know what you guys think. Should my glutes be lower? Less rounding in the mid back maybe? Thanks!

Gavin S

Too much pike in the hips for sure.

strme

this is all again same story.pike hands etc.. read previous check form topics.  you will learn a lot.  believe me ;)  

Adriano Augusto

Your hands position makes the exercise more difficult because put too pressure on the biceps, and it's not necessary at this moment IMO. 

 

About your overall form, you lean too much and because of that you compensate by piking at the hips. Your hips are well at 0:03, start and maintain from there. Also, you've to improve your protracction in the beginning.

 

The advice would be not too much lean and improve scapular area gaining strenght from a reduced lean.

puckshaw

Thanks guys! I'm using the reverse hand position because I badly injured my wrist about 5 months ago doing cleans. It's the only way I could train without wrist pain. The wrist is 95% healed now but I was trying to avoid any unnecessary strain on it. Is it really a bad idea to use this hand position? I don't feel any pain in my biceps/elbows. I'm able to hold a 1 leg back lever with supine grip so I think they're conditioned enough for this level of training. I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

 

I'll reduce the lean for now to avoid piking the hips and work on spreading the scapula more :)

VegVeg

Well I had a full back lever ( tho I am now starting to question my form) and my inner elbow did get quite sore (bad sore) doing f1 5 times a week and I wasn't even using the hands back position.

Hands forward hurt me too so somewhere in between felt quite O.K. for me anyway, gripping the floor will aid in protecting your wrists on this one ( so I've heard )

 

Since we are not going to the olympics I'd like to think of GST as walking a moderate incline mountain and not climbing a steep one where you might fall ( the walk sure won't be easy tho! )

 

Sick physique btw !

B1214N
VegVeg said:

Well I had a full back lever ( tho I am now starting to question my form) and my inner elbow did get quite sore (bad sore) doing f1 5 times a week and I wasn't even using the hands back position.

Hands forward hurt me too so somewhere in between felt quite O.K. for me anyway, gripping the floor will aid in protecting your wrists on this one ( so I've heard )

 

Since we are not going to the olympics I'd like to think of GST as walking a moderate incline mountain and not climbing a steep one where you might fall ( the walk sure won't be easy tho! )

 

Sick physique btw !

Hands forward stresses the brachioradialis tendon more while hands backward stresses the biceps and brachialis tendons more.