This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Slight confusion with HS/PE1

Started by Brian Cerasuolo, February 6, 2014 · 6 Replies · 302 Views

Brian Cerasuolo

So I'm a little confused on HS/PE1. I can hold 5 x 60sec pretty easily, which leads me to believe I might be doing it slightly wrong. I rest my knees on my elbows and try to twist my hands(spread fingers) into the ground to create torque(as much as possible considering arms are bent in this phase). I also try and tense my shoulders and pull them so they are not just loose and relaxed.

My main question though is whether my knees are supposed to be resting on my elbows or should I place them to the outside of them and just barely let them touch? If I move my knees off my elbows, it gets significantly harder so it feels like that's what I should be doing. But the model in the video looks as if his knees are resting directly on top of his elbows.

I'd appreciate if someone could clear this up for me before I advance too quickly.

Thanks :)

Christian

Rest on elbows. Weight more on hands than head. The iM here is more hard than the PE. But I've seen people who can barely do it even this way.

James Hall

The mobility is definitely the hard part. The PE helped accustom me to prolonged inversion

Radek

PE1 is quite easy exercise so everyting is ok.

Knees rest on elbows like Christian has written. Always look at the model in the video, and try to do the same. PE1 iM may take some time to master, but in my opinion it's much easier than PE2 iM.

Bret Kennedy

I wanted to add a question onto this.

 

Does anyone get cramps or has had cramps in the hip flexors when executing this move? as the times get longer, the chances of me cramping in the hip flexors increases. i had to take a week off this week because of a cold, but next week i am into week 9, and I will take notice if it happens,

 

But would it be a sign of lack of hip flexor endurance? although we are resting the knees on the elbows, there is still a large amount of static strength being used to keep the body there..

 

any thoughts?

 

bret

Christian

Never had that problem. Best you could do is reduce the time so you never reach camping, then slowly increase time making sure it doesnt feel like cramping. Your body needs time to adapt.

Jukkaboy

Hey Bret, my right hip flexor semi-cramps once in a while too:p I just try to relax that area a bit, that helps, at least for me:)