Hi everyone,
I am having severe difficulty with locking out my legs and getting my heels and toes to touch at the same time. Not just while attempting Arch Body Holds but even while sitting on the couch.
If I lock out my legs my heels come apart a couple of inches if I then externally rotate my legs while locked to get heels to touch my toes of each foot then get further away from each other. If I relax my left leg slightly I can get heels and toes to touch but only barely. My knees are touching even when my feet are apart.
This is making ABH very hard to perform as I basically can't fulfil even the starting requirements.
I had a partial meniscectomy on my right leg a couple of years ago as it would not straighten properly. Even after the operation it will not straighten as much as the left leg whether this is due to muscle wastage as I had the condition for a while or whether it is a mechanical fault in my knee I'm not sure (it feels mechanical and I'm a bit scared to push it).
Basically my questions are
1) Is it possible that if you have particularly bony knees this movement is not possible?
2) If that isn't the case is what should I do to get heels and toes touching while having legs locked out? Should I increase ankle flexibility which I think is already above average (at least for most non-gymnasts)? Should I work or stretch some muscle group I'm not using properly?
Many Thanks for any answers!
Ian