This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Injury from sPL/ Pe1

Started by Haplix, February 5, 2014 · 6 Replies · 253 Views

Haplix

Scapular shrugs: I'm on deload week 5x5r. When I pinched my shoulder blades together on the 4th set, there was an acute sense of pain near my right elbow(not sure if it's the forearm muscle or connective tissue). I think I accidentally bent it while going down for my third rep. I can reproduce the pain when I do scapular shrugs or straighten my arm in that scapular shrug position.  What should I do?  

Alessandro Mainente

Probably could be trigger point that involves nerve of the forearm. are you sure to be depressed when performing this exercise?

Haplix

What do you mean to be depressed? If it's just a trigger point, how long do I wait before I continue the exercise?

howens

I believe he means the scapula/shoulder girdle.

Bipocni
Haplix said:

What do you mean to be depressed? If it's just a trigger point, how long do I wait before I continue the exercise?

Basically this rough diagram.

mqnmzjymg3zi.png

 

Recontinue the exercise when you stop feeling pain.

Haplix

Oh, I get it now. Thanks Bipocni for the diagram. That helps! :P 

Riku Calderón
Bipocni said:

Basically this rough diagram.

mqnmzjymg3zi.png

 

Recontinue the exercise when you stop feeling pain.

Wonderful!! Now I get the meaning of the terms! Good one!! Thanks!