L-pullpus/sits

Started by venobre, April 8, 2009 · 8 Replies · 2,820 Views

venobre

Hi

I'd like to ask a question about L-sits and more particulary about l-pullups,i can do both but not with a flat back i dont have the flexibility need but i can still perform them so i'd like to now if it could be dangerous to perform l pullups,sits with a rounded back (cause i really am afraid of hurting my lower back)please.

thanks.

Farago316

I think this is more of a core problem. Are you able to perform L-pullups with you legs tucked with your back flat?

venobre

yes but i can't straighten my legs while keeping a flat back...anyway are there any risks with a rounded back?

braindx
venobre said:
yes but i can't straighten my legs while keeping a flat back...anyway are there any risks with a rounded back?

Not really.

Straight back with legs up requires more hamstring flexibility and active core strength than rounded back....

venobre

thanks for the answers!

not really? I'd like to be sure cause my back doesn't seem to be very tough...

and another question please:will my flexibility improve as i'll keep performing L-sits and pullups?

thanks

matthew.percussion

It seems to me that HLLs will improve active flexibility quite a lot, but to really notice a difference you need to work specifically on your flexibility.

AKA, pike stretch, with and without pointed toes

venobre

ok for the hll.

so can i keep performing l pullups with my rounded without any risks?

braindx
venobre said:
ok for the hll.

so can i keep performing l pullups with my rounded without any risks?

I already answered that.

Not really. There's no instances of herniation that I know of with bodyweight exercises.... if you're loading the spine with weights then yeah. And gymnasts are in hollow position A LOT.

venobre

ok you said not really so i wasn't sure about what to think but i appreciate your answer thanks again!