This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 and RC/PE4 help

Started by Michael Ho, February 5, 2014 · 12 Replies · 364 Views

Michael Ho

Hey, been stuck at RC/PE4 the week 9-12 for a while. I get too fatigued near the end sets, as my biceps will give way. I feel my lats working as well and have been playing with trying to initiate the pull from lats first but I'm not sure.

 

I try to count 3 seconds up and down, but, the video looks faster than that :lol:

 

I took a video in case I'm doing it wrong -

 

http://youtu.be/tlxELlP2gcg

 

 

sPL/PE5 my hands won't go underneath my hips.. feeling it mainly in my elbows/biceps and I do get bicep bruising from doing these. I've only just started these so on the first block.

 

Few things I've noticed with these... when I really try to protract and depress shoulders, my hips go up as do my feet so I need to drop my hips but keep protracted.. and obviously the hands having to be under the hips

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWty-Lzpfs8

Murray Truelove

RC: tempo looks good in the video. Rotate your hands as you descend. The consensus on tempo is that it should be controlled and without momentum, it might be you can go a little faster.

sPL: hard to see... Increase the lean over time. It can take a while for the bicep to adapt.

Adriano Augusto

RC: Ok, you just have to clean the little pike there is in some reps, but overall OK. Of course, you don't have to imitate the same tempo, you can do faster but always looking at the form and without momentum.

 

Planche Leans: You're trying to do a lean that is out of your actual range of strenght right now. At 0:30 you're ok, you've to work from there, but you want to increase the lean and you pike at the hips. Reduce the lean and look for better overall shape. To increase the lean in a PL without loosing form you've to take time. 

 

Cheers!

Michael Ho

Thanks for the advice guys.

 

RC: So you are saying to increase the speed but make sure there is no momentum? I sometimes pike but only on my last reps when I am very fatigued I think. I think I will be able to move on though with maybe 2 seconds up down instead of 3.

 

sPL: So should I maybe decrease the length where my arms are, so I am able to go through the weeks comfortably? And then once I've done mastery, put the hands further back and start again?

Destiny

shouldn't his upper body be a bit lower for the rows? in the demonstration video it looks like the feet are a few inches higher than the head and when the elbows bend to about 90 deg the body is parallel to the floor which is where you are starting from (parallel to the floor).

J.B

That does not look like RC/PE4. When your arms are stretched your body is horizontal. The focus points of RE4 says that the feet should be approximately at ring height. In the video of the athlete his feet are not that close to ring height. But you can see that his body is not horizontal when his arms are stretched. I would say that you should lower the rings and start from week 1.

 

**Destiny beat me to it

Mats Trane
Michael Ho said:

Hey, been stuck at RC/PE4 the week 9-12 for a while. I get too fatigued near the end sets, as my biceps will give way. I feel my lats working as well and have been playing with trying to initiate the pull from lats first -

Start the whole move by pulling with your (stronger) back muscles. With straight arms pull your shoulder blades together, then pull with your arms.

Michael Ho

Ah I see, I guess I took it from the video instead. I'll start over again at proper height and initiate from my lats.

 

Thanks guys, I'll post a video tomorrow of it as I was on week 12 deload this week, but I'm sure I can manage 3x2r.

Mats Trane

Do a few reps with just straight arm pulls so you learn the feeling of pulling with your back muscles.

Michael Ho
Mats Trane said:

Do a few reps with just straight arm pulls so you learn the feeling of pulling with your back muscles.

I always keep my scapula retracted. Should I let them relax in the bottom, retract and then finish the movement?

Michael Ho

Hey, recorded some videos a few days ago.

 

Think my first planche lean is the best and the others are just,.. stupid... I still piking at the hips a little on the first so I need to relax that.

 

 

Also in the same video my row... Feet are at ring height now but it feels wierd. I pike in them but Ill try to decrease the pike and play around with the box distance.

 

http://youtu.be/cB5EARm-4WM?t=35s

emilianop

I don't think they're "stupid", it's just different errors.

It seems to me that when you protract your scapulas, you pike. When you try not to pike, your back sinks and you lose protraction.

 

I reckon it's all down to the same issue (not enough protraction strength yet), just different ways of compensating for it.

IcedDante

Wait, if that was video of you doing RC/PE4, what were you doing for RC PE3? Because that's what it looks like you are doing to me...