Handstand Improvement

Started by aiken54, February 4, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,421 Views

aiken54

To be completely honest, I haven't touched H1 in many months. My tumbling has been at the forefront of importance for me, and that is just beginning to change. I have kept up my handstands, but not really heavily. I do stalder negatives sometimes, as well as HS > Crocodile, and static holds in my warm ups and cool downs. I'm going back to H1 starting today. Any critique on my handstand is really appreciated, so I can know what to focus on as I go through H1. 

 

1ht25t.png

Handbalancer

Its not bad, but your feet should be in line with your arms. This is what a handstand looks like when you only open your shoulders by flexion. Protracting will cause your angle to close again and that is why your flexion must go past 180 so that it can be 180 when protracted.

 

Now your feet are slightly too far over. If you want to bring them directly over you without piking, you will need to protract your shoulders more so your chest is further in, thus allowing better placement.

aiken54

Alright, I'll concentrate on protraction especially when I do H1 stuff. Thanks! I'll update this with improvements.