Hey everyone,
just started straddle ups this week and wanted to know if it's ok
And I am also planning to start training planche leans, could anyone tell me what to work on? I have trouble trying to combine protraction and depression
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by meras, February 4, 2014 · 3 Replies · 125 Views
Hey everyone,
just started straddle ups this week and wanted to know if it's ok
And I am also planning to start training planche leans, could anyone tell me what to work on? I have trouble trying to combine protraction and depression
MN/PE2 form looks pretty solid to me, but there are others with much stronger opinions on that move.
Have you mastered the elements preceding sPL/PE5? Your protraction doesn't look stellar. A higher camera angle would help with judging, though.
MN/PE2 looks perfect in terms of active flexibility and final ROM, seriously, congrats. What is your background? Martial arts?
Even thought, you've to clean your technique, and I mean don't be too wildy with the reps, takes time to adjust, don't worry, you have got the most difficult thing: mobility. So clean your technique and record again.
In the other hand, your Planche leans need a lot of work, both hollow shape, tension, and proper alignment of scapula area (protraction and depression), and to me your left elbow seems bend a little.
You could post a video of earlier PE (planks, one arm planks) to see your form on them and from that point judge better.
Keep going!
Adriano Augusto said:MN/PE2 looks perfect in terms of active flexibility and final ROM, seriously, congrats. What is your background? Martial arts?
Even thought, you've to clean your technique, and I mean don't be too wildy with the reps, takes time to adjust, don't worry, you have got the most difficult thing: mobility. So clean your technique and record again.
Thanks, I did karate for about 2 years when I was younger which got me interested in stretching. I also used to do breaking and always stretched after a session. That also means that doing anything with proper technique is a nightmare to me ![]()
I just started my first week for MN/PE2. 3x3 will be a good intro. The movement itself does not feel comfortable or natural yet. I just wanted to make sure I'm heading the directtion since so many people seem to have trouble with the element.
In the other hand, your Planche leans need a lot of work, both hollow shape, tension, and proper alignment of scapula area (protraction and depression), and to me your left elbow seems bend a little.
You could post a video of earlier PE (planks, one arm planks) to see your form on them and from that point judge better.
Keep going!
I understand what protraction is (and I love doing shrugs as a warmup) but when I try to depress at the same time I seem to lose protraction. I can't comment on my elbows but I'm pretty sure I kept them locked out. I'll have to try and check this evening.
I also took a quick plank video this morning: