This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Week 9! Why are you so tough!

Started by Somalie, February 4, 2014 · 3 Replies · 266 Views

Somalie

So finished my first day of week 9 f7 except for RC PE1 (going) back to week 5 next WO. Finding my arms starting to fail during ABH. But I push through, everything else is fine but that part is just so hard! I think with the Scap Shrugs Preceeding the ABH is what makes it harder. Going to have to find a better way. Or just simply push through

Follow me on IG: somalie187 I posted a video of my HS and hoping for some feedback from members of the community.

Murray Truelove

F1(7) is tough. I tried it for a while but when the volume is high like the first PE's it's killer. I might go back to it when sets are 5x5.

Week 9 can be tough, well done pushing through though!

James Hall

I had similar issues with F(1)7 volume but you could also break up the volume increases into smaller increments e.g. only increase each set by 3 seconds instead of six. This could be very useful as a tough week 9 means week 11 is not going to be pretty either. So use smaller increments instead of repeating the mini cycle and you'll avoid the blow of beating yourself up for naught.

MT Nordic

Week 9 is hard because it's the first block of really building muscle endurance.  Weeks 1-4 (Block 1) are mostly learning the movement and technique (neurological learning).  Weeks 5-8 (Block 2) are gaining max strength in that movement.  Weeks 9-12 (Block 3) is gaining muscular endurance in that movement.  

 

I agree that F7 is very hard for F1 exercises.  Much easier to do F7 once you get to F2 because the sets are (usually) much shorter.  I'd recommend working your weakest elements first and your strongest elements last.