High bar kip

Started by Oldrich Polreich, February 4, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,323 Views

Oldrich Polreich

Hello

 

My goal on bar recently is to learn kip up (don't know the exact name) to cast HS. This is where I'm now:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo1rZfb8FuU

 

As you can probably see I have problem with my hands - they bend during ascent and that slows me down. Sometimes I'm able to do it better, but these are pretty much my best attempts.  

I would be glad for any advice (even if it means re-learning the technique completely).

 

Thanks

 

Blairbob

Well, some HB kips are done without arching in the tap. Basically no tap. From a swing, Hollow in the back to extend hollow in the front, bring toes to bar. No bending knees.

 

A drill I would do on low bar for kip cast HS is kip to immediate forward roll besides kip cast.