This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

fl mob - low bridge from Fl 13 im

Started by Brad Mifsud, February 4, 2014 · 2 Replies · 114 Views

Brad Mifsud

Excuse the running shorts and hole in my armpit on my tshirt!

I'm thinking my hips are too low compared to the gymnast?

post-5264-0-33793800-1391513230_thumb.jp

Cole Dano

Your thinking is right.

 

Of course, as I'm sure you've noticed with all the mobility work, it might take a while to fix.

 

You can think of this line of iM's as a gradual progression to straight arm bridge, so it's a one day at a time process, at least you've managed to get your head off the floor.

 

There are also a couple of issues with your alignment you'll want to work on, notice how both your elbows and knees are outside your hands and feet. Amongst other things, this reduces your leverage to push up.

 

When you set this iM up in the future look for a feeling that you are on top of your hands and feet and your upper arms, and thighs are facing straight up, not leaning over to the sides.

 

It might mean you have to walk your hands and feet a bit to find the right position and also squeeze your elbows and knees in towards each other more.

Brad Mifsud

Thank you, I understand. I'll practice over the next few weeks and post a better aligned bridge :) this was my first attempt at a low bridge so was unsure what I'm supposed to be feeling in this position so appreciate your tips.