This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1 IM elbow rotation

Started by pagio, February 3, 2014 · 2 Replies · 141 Views

pagio

Hi all,  

I'm retrying PE1 after a while and i have the following question.While i get the bar behin my head i externally rotate my shoulders. Should i do the same for my elbows too ? I mean elbows pits face forward or out ?

for a while i rotate them but that seemed to irritate them. On the course it seems like the athlete has the pits looking forward. So which is it ?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Ideally the shoulder will externally rotate if you have a natural shoulders flexion. if not the rotation is minimal. the flexion is the focus point.

pagio
alex87 said:

Ideally the shoulder will externally rotate if you have a natural shoulders flexion. if not the rotation is minimal. the flexion is the focus point.

So I should try to flex my shoulder and the rotation will come naturally and not force rotation ?