This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090407

Started by Coach Sommer, April 7, 2009 · 3 Replies · 1,043 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090407.jpg

Perform:

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Each cycle consists of 30 seconds of work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

2) Do not come down during the 30 seconds of HS.

3) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

4) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

Nobodystopsdblob

Perform:

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

did 6 cycles and then on the 7th could only manage 20 seconds afterwards I did 3 more cycles against a wall. I thought it was only 10 cycles

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wrist Pushups.skipped because I forgot they were prescribed

Dead lift 225 x 3 275 x 5 325 x 3 375 x 1

Blairbob

4-7

30m of skills, warmup being the adult class and a few tumbling passes. Was almost thinking of just going due to some mental drama but pushed on and glad I did.

First 6 cycles, rings not parallel, feet inside straps. Last 6, feet around outside ( easier ). Rx'd. Easier than I thought.

WU DL set of 10 and 4, 10, and 8 of heavy DL. 3x5 Bent arm body levers. Used 5m rest periods for DL and 2m for body levers.

heinrich

12 cycles:

20 seconds of work, 45 seconds rest.

We didn't manage to kick up into HS, so we helped eachother to get into the inverted position. We wrapped the legs from outside around the straps but next time we'll do as the athlete in the picture.

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups with wrists elevated.

Ring-Handstands are perfect! I felt this workout in the whole upper body even 2 days later.