I have significantly more rom on straddle/pike, but this frame turned out to be quite uncomfortable for this. Back to the stall bars next time...
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jon Douglas, February 3, 2014 · 29 Replies · 690 Views
I have significantly more rom on straddle/pike, but this frame turned out to be quite uncomfortable for this. Back to the stall bars next time...
straddle look's pretty sick, man.
for the arch/ hollow lifts, how do they feel for you when your feet are together? do you prefer separated?
KeilaniG said:straddle look's pretty sick, man.
for the arch/ hollow lifts, how do they feel for you when your feet are together? do you prefer separated?
Together, I don't think there's much of a choice there.
They really test your PPT. Rep #4 I barely got up. Gotta lock that in before you try to lift, or you end up with two disconnected halves.
Jon Douglas said:Together, I don't think there's much of a choice there.
They really test your PPT. Rep #4 I barely got up. Gotta lock that in before you try to lift, or you end up with two disconnected halves.
It looks like you are piking in the first video. Maybe try to lift by curling your spine and keeping a stronger PPT?
mitko said:It looks like you are piking in the first video. Maybe try to lift by curling your spine and keeping a stronger PPT?
I think I'm trying to go too high and breaking because of that ![]()
Do u still keep arch holds in your warmup
Hmms said:Do u still keep arch holds in your warmup
No, although very occasionally I'll do a single long set.
KeilaniG said:straddle look's pretty sick, man.
for the arch/ hollow lifts, how do they feel for you when your feet are together? do you prefer separated?
when you get to these say goodbye to that APT.
we have the same exactly form!
alex87 said:we have the same exactly form!
That's a relief; I must be somewhere near correct then ![]()
Do you have a problem both piking? Any cues you might have to keep a good position, or is it just time and reps?
And that weather....jealous!! ![]()
Mats Trane said:And that weather....jealous!!
thats why he is so strong and flexible.. we have sunshine again after long time in windows.. jeheeej
Jon Douglas said:No, although very occasionally I'll do a single long set.
i personally think it's worth revisiting them
Hmms said:i personally think it's worth revisiting them
I don't understand your reasoning here. Can you explain please?
I notice that you didn't seem to have any thoracic extension in the arch portion of the arch/hollow besides the first rep
i can maintain the form good for all the reps, if you notice on the H1 video there is a little little piking. thinking about to hold the PPT before to lift from the floor.
Hmms said:I notice that you didn't seem to have any thoracic extension in the arch portion of the arch/hollow besides the first rep
alex87 said:i can maintain the form good for all the reps, if you notice on the H1 video there is a little little piking. thinking about to hold the PPT before to lift from the floor.
OK, I'll work on a tighter hollow/stronger PPT. Thanks.
Why don't you have that rom in your arch/hollow?
Hmms said:Why don't you have that rom in your arch/hollow?
Because it's the second set of them I've ever done and I was concentrating on my shoulder flexion rather than arching. I didn't get all the details perfect first time; I never claimed to be talented
Arching is very easy for me and I wanted to concentrate on the part I find difficult first.
How do you find arch/hollow?
Today's pike;
I feel like the bars on these are very far apart, and that my arms just couldn't reach any further. I get a definite pike stretch but I feel like I can go further...
I know that you no doubt have mastered the arch in the past however as a video that was posted, I saw that in the arch/hollow video it was the arch rather than hollow that stood out to me. Which was why I wondered whether it was a range of motion that you have since lost for some reason (which was why I asked whether you kept arches in your warmup).
1st rep of the arch was fine but it was just the 2nd rep onward where I didn't see thoracic extension. Since I've no idea your experience and how you are with arches, I just wanted to point that out. However based on what you said about still trying to get used to exercise and that u find arches easy and was just inexperience to the exercise than I guess it's nothing to worry about in fixing I guess
this is a silly question, but which iM or PE is the first exercise?
Jon Douglas said:Because it's the second set of them I've ever done and I was concentrating on my shoulder flexion rather than arching. I didn't get all the details perfect first time; I never claimed to be talented
Arching is very easy for me and I wanted to concentrate on the part I find difficult first.
How do you find arch/hollow?
Today's pike;
I feel like the bars on these are very far apart, and that my arms just couldn't reach any further. I get a definite pike stretch but I feel like I can go further...
Seriously, I live in the wrong country!
Mats Trane said:Seriously, I live in the wrong country!
You and me both brotha.
It's not bad, is it? ![]()
You should see our beaches.
Christian said:You and me both brotha.
Mats Trane said:Seriously, I live in the wrong country!
Indeed.