This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 fail

Started by mlaen, February 2, 2014 · 10 Replies · 525 Views

mlaen

First of all, I haven't yet moved to PE2! PE1 is now easy but I still have some work to do with PE1/iM. Every now and then I just try to get into position for PE2 and this is what happens:

 

 

You guys have any tips that could help?

Alessandro Mainente

yeah the entering is correct, simply you need to avoid the fall with 2 possible techniques. my suggestion at the beginning is try to feel the major part of the weight on the hands rather then on the head.

-first one involves the hands. simply put the hands far from the head or one hand more far from the other. try to visualize a triangle with the edges with equal length 

-second one involves the torso position. you can try to use more PPT. in this way the legs will deviate from the vertical position (about 10°). this with move the weight over the hands.

combining both results in a perfect alignment.

Joakim Anderson

You could do what Alex says close to a wall, eliminating fear of falling over all the time. Losing balance with just result in your heels touching the wall.

mlaen

Hi alex! Thaks a lot! I watched the athlete in the video after reading your suggestions and it makes a perfect sence! I'll try it again in a few days!

 

Joakim, good idea, I'll combine it with alexs suggestions!

TANSTAAFL

Agree with all the above. Also it looks like your hands could be a little further apart which would give you a wider base/easier time balancing.

Dzosh

I have done this position before doing some yoga (not there yet by a long shot due to PE1>iM!)

 

I found at first raising one leg at a time can help with getting the feel of the movement.

Radek

I've also had the same problem.

 

Good solution is in H1 rebalancing and using the hands chapter.

 

Also go slower from tripod to headstand. You have no problem with balance at the begining when you move slow, when you move faster you immediately start overbalancing.

mlaen

So I tried your advices in a few sessions and here's the result:

 

 

Is this form good enought to start building volume (when I move to PE2)? Was I leaning too much at the end?

Dzosh

I'm no expert, but it looks a bit too much toward the forehead--would work on the balance with the hollow body rather than the head, but I think that's the kind of thing you could work on while doing the PE.

Eric Baum
mlaen said:

So I tried your advices in a few sessions and here's the result:

 

 

Is this form good enought to start building volume (when I move to PE2)? Was I leaning too much at the end?

It looked fine to me =]

mlaen

Hi guy, I played with pe2-iM today (weight is about 5 lbs). Here is the result:

 

 

I think my neck is curved too much? How about my back?