First ever cirque attempt

Started by Joakim Anderson, February 2, 2014 · 10 Replies · 2,003 Views

Joakim Anderson

 

Tried a cirque today after the F1 session. I'm still on RC/PE1 and haven't worked on the rope at all, so this was pretty nice. Any pointers apart from the obvious lack of strength in the negatives?

Alessandro Mainente

Ideally you only have a part of the strength to climb up completely. If you notice as you are reaching the last meters (around 9-11 seconds) when you switch the arm you are loosing some height with the other, simply you are loosing some flexion due to lack of strength. ok is very little but consider to eliminate it, at the end of F4 you will able to climb up and down at least 2 times!!!!

Joakim Anderson

Thanks Alex, I noticed that too. I'm gonna record it again in six more months of Foundation training and see the improvement. But now, early PE's...

Alessandro Mainente

you will notice some decent progress through the foundation, especially during the negative you be able to stop with full one bicep flexion then lower down and repeat for all the entire descent portion! 

i noticed that this isometrich hold passed from 0 seconds for at least 5-6 each arms.

Boris Mikael Taube

very good:) but maybe take longer reach with the hands to get longer pullingmotion. respect that  you do foundation series even if you could rope climb. In some years this is going to be your warm up

Joakim Anderson
alex87 said:

you will notice some decent progress through the foundation, especially during the negative you be able to stop with full one bicep flexion then lower down and repeat for all the entire descent portion! 

i noticed that this isometrich hold passed from 0 seconds for at least 5-6 each arms.

 

Nice! Looking forward to that. I can do one arm isometrics on a bar but who cares when there are ropes. :)

 

Boris Mikael Taube said:

but maybe take longer reach with the hands to get longer pullingmotion.

 

Yep that's the goal, I'm just not strong enough yet. It was also after a pretty tough workout.

Alessandro Mainente

bars and rope is very different, i find easier on bar. in my cafe the grip was the limiting factor..but the F4 IM's solved the problem.

NoHiddenCosts

I enjoyed the victorious fall back onto the mat at the end.

Jon Douglas
NoHiddenCosts said:

I enjoyed the victorious fall back onto the mat at the end.

Unless you jump, down is so much harder than up! :)

Daniel Burnham
Jon Douglas said:

Unless you jump, down is so much harder than up! :)

I disagree.  Done correctly I find climbing up much more taxing.

Jon Douglas

Hmm, maybe its just me... then again, Im only doing single laps at a time...

Edit;

Its also very likely my hands are not as far apart as Daniels ^_^