This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How do you get to HS/PE1

Started by Andy Duncan, February 2, 2014 · 4 Replies · 339 Views

Andy Duncan

I have just purchased the Handstand One course, and as far as I can make out, in the first workout I am supposed to attempt HS/PE1. I just physically cannot do this. How do I get to the point where I am able to do HS/PE1?

Cole Dano

One way is to start by having your knees supported on something. If in a gym you could use a pile of mats, from the mats carefully lower your head to the floor so your head and arms are in the same position shown in the video.

 

Build that to 5x60s then try moving your knees from the mat stack to your elbows.

Warlock

It would help a little to know exactly what type of difficulties you are having. Are you having trouble transitioning your legs from the floor to the back of your arm? Or can you not get off from the knees? I'm currently doing HS/PE1 but have been practicing "the tripod" for a couple of weeks prior. The way I did it was to start by only resting 1 knee on the arms at a time for a few seconds, then alternating, for about 5 reps each, until I felt comfortable in the position (since I believe my problems stemmed more from fear of the position than anything else). After I got the position I tested it and found I could relatively easily do the Week 5 cycle, so I can say that method worked for me.

Jon Douglas

Probably the simplest way is to get into a frogstand , put head on floor, then shift weight over it. Adjust as necessary from there

thecolin

Oops, in my haste I misread the question, post deleted. :-)