Just for mt curiosity is really necessary take a week off after the 12 weeks cycle or is better perform a light training?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alessandro Mainente, February 2, 2014 · 5 Replies · 185 Views
Just for mt curiosity is really necessary take a week off after the 12 weeks cycle or is better perform a light training?
Isn't week 12 deload week and then you go to week 1? I didn't know about a week off.
Me neither. I've always done week 1 of the next progression directly after week 12 of the previous one. I can't see why you'd follow a deload week with a week off.
i have to search around the forum an old post of Nic saying that after 3 months macro cycles there is a week off. is only for that reason.
i noticed that on some movements the deload week is stressing to much my joints especially when you move over F3-F4 and i do not feel a real recover. add the fact that in my normal gym courses there are no deload week, so in the GB GST i can have the deload, but not in my normal gym schedule. it's never a deload week..
Then by all means get rest. The body is wise about it, you've to listen him.
Hmm this is interesting I never saw anything about a week off either. Have you ever done it before? I think f1 and f2 don't really require it unless like you, there is another training schedule to worry about and to be honest by the time you have mastered your way to f3 and f4 I'd have thought your body would have adapted to continuing on without rest but that would be for someone just focusing on foundation I guess. If you need more rest though then do it. It certainly won't hurt.
I could see the need to take a week off if you were doing ssc without deload weeks like foundation has. Maybe nix was referring to the old btgb books ssc?