Hip flexor problems

Started by katlinchen, February 1, 2014 · 1 Replies · 2,411 Views

katlinchen

Hey guys!

As I posted some days ago I just got my press handstand.

2 days ago in the evening I felt a discomfort in my groin region when I came home from school. I already felt that kind of pain sometimes when I did Round-Offs and Cartwheels, but this time it was a little worse.

I think I pulled my hip flexor! It is a sharp pain when I try to lift my leg towards my chest, cartwheels also hurt but straddle supports are worst! They give me a stabbing pain like hell :( The strange thing is - L-sits are fine!

There is no bruising or swelling, but if I touch my groin at one liitle point it aggreviates this stabbing pain. Walking and running is fine.

I am so frustrated now, I could cry all day!

Has anyone an idea what it could be?

Can I train L-Sits and leg raises if they don't hurt?

I know, no one can give a medical advice here and I will go and see a doctor asap.

I just hope that someone can give some advice, tips or experience here, cuz I am really frustrated that I might not be able to train my press handstand or hip-flexor for some weeks or months and will lose all of my hard work :(

dmcmanam

I never learned to lift or move my legs correctly until I started taking ballet classes.  Without proper training and technique it is very easy to over engage your hip flexors and they become very tight.  Hope your recovery is speedy, I recommend complementing your current training with a beginning ballet class, learning to move in a balletic fashion will help your moves look more graceful, effortless and most importantly safe.