This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand 2

Started by dfinley, February 1, 2014 · 11 Replies · 597 Views

dfinley

Hi Cory, is Handstand 2 an additional purchase to the Foundation/Handstand package? Love the new course layout! Thx

Cory Fair

Yes, the Starter Pack is comprised of F1/H1 to, well, get you started. :)

dfinley

Sold!

Kris

An forum dedicated for Handstand 2 will be available ? 

Cole Dano

Yes, it's already active.

Bro'

Yes, it's there. For some reason you can't see it exists until you buy H2, unlike other courses. For them, you can see the forum but not access it.

Alessandro Mainente

H2 is just impressive, i've always wanted to know how to develop active pancake flexibility and the last elements are fantastic.

Murray Truelove

Can anyone with H2 comment on whether or not there's anything like H1 IM 1/2. I'm still on F1 but if there's anything in the early progressions that's going to take me 6+ months I wouldn't mind starting on it sooner rather than later.

Current flexibility means I can't even touch my toes so H2 might be too ambitious at this time.

Cole Dano

If you've gotten through F2 then the first elements shouldn't take 6 months.

However if you can't touch your toes H2 will destroy you. Do your due diligence and complete F2.

Murray Truelove
Cole Dano said:

If you've gotten through F2 then the first elements shouldn't take 6 months.

However if you can't touch your toes H2 will destroy you. Do your due diligence and complete F2.

Excellent answer. Mobility has been the biggest deficit in my progress, one that I seem to make slow progress in. I'd hate to wait till I've finished F2 only to get stuck at the beginning like I am with H1.
Joshua Slocum
Murray Truelove said:

Can anyone with H2 comment on whether or not there's anything like H1 IM 1/2. I'm still on F1 but if there's anything in the early progressions that's going to take me 6+ months I wouldn't mind starting on it sooner rather than later.

Current flexibility means I can't even touch my toes so H2 might be too ambitious at this time.

H2's mobility builds off of the MN flexibility developed in F1/2. It would not be productive to work on that before completing F2. On the other hand, if you've worked through F2, the first few elements should not be major sticking points. What might be productive to start on now is a dedicated stretching program. A good stretching program should help you move more quickly through mobility elements where tight musculature is a bottleneck. 

Murray Truelove
Joshua Slocum said:

H2's mobility builds off of the MN flexibility developed in F1/2. It would not be productive to work on that before completing F2. On the other hand, if you've worked through F2, the first few elements should not be major sticking points. What might be productive to start on now is a dedicated stretching program. A good stretching program should help you move more quickly through mobility elements where tight musculature is a bottleneck.

Thanks - I've started following Kits stuff, daily limbering with two hard stretch days a week spilt upper/lower body. I've never worked hard on flexibility before so I'm hoping to make good progress.