Connecting Pallet Bands

Started by sghetti, April 4, 2009 · 4 Replies · 3,080 Views

sghetti

I just purchased some pallet bands from McMaster.com. I got 27 pieces, each 1/2" (width) x 1/16" (thickness) x 28" (length). My question is if any of you guys have experience tying several bands together? What method is best to assure it doesn't snap?

Here's a website with several knots: http://www.animatedknots.com

And here's a link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=928&p=6284&hilit=pallet+bands#p6284

Mark Weaver

Do you mean tying them end to end, or tying them as a bundle?

sghetti

Tying them end to end :]

Mark Weaver

Oh. What are you tying them end to end for? I thought most people bundled them together to use for assisted crosses, MUs, etc.

Mark

Coach Sommer

Do NOT tie them together; simply slip the end of one (A) through the center of another (B). Then reach through and pull the other end (B) through the center of band A. While confusing to both write and read, this is very easy to do and, unless they break, will have no possibility of coming undone while under-load.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer