The new course layout.

Started by Bipocni, January 31, 2014 · 30 Replies · 7,368 Views

IcedDante

I recommend removing the large header graphic at the top of every content page. Not necessary and creates unnecessary scrolling.

Bipocni
IcedDante said:

I recommend removing the large header graphic at the top of every content page. Not necessary and creates unnecessary scrolling.

But, you know, it looks cool.  B-)

Caner
IcedDante said:

I recommend removing the large header graphic at the top of every content page. Not necessary and creates unnecessary scrolling.

I agree. I'm currently using Adblock to get rid of those.

It would also be nice to have additional navigational arrows at the top of each page, so we wouldn't have to scroll all the way down to get to the next page.

I actually preferred the old Layout with its drop-down menus. The new menu takes up a lot of space and requires too much scrolling and clicking. I think something like Amazon.com's "Shop by Department"-Button might be a perfect solution for something like this.

ausswe

I like the new look but on my ipad the scrolling in the drop down menus doesn't work properly and the videos take considerably longer to load. Otherwise it is awesome! And honestly those 2 issues aren't a big deal to me at all.

Mats Trane

Thanks Cory for the coloring of the different F's. Excellent!

IcedDante
ausswe said:

I like the new look but on my ipad the scrolling in the drop down menus doesn't work properly and the videos take considerably longer to load. Otherwise it is awesome! And honestly those 2 issues aren't a big deal to me at all.

This is a problem on Android as well. I was unable to access RC PE6 because scrolling within the menu wasn't supported. I would recommend getting rid of the overflow property on these submenus so we get the whole thing.

 

I think adding the navigation buttons at the top as well is a killer idea